Meet your fellow disclose.io community!

@thecybermentor - I found this community thanks to you :+1:

I am also following your Training and Cert. I have intentions of purchasing pretty soon! I have to submit my Vet doc.

You are doing important work. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

@robdyke welcome. When you mention healthcare, iot related or other areas… I am just curious, health related topics have been a strong subject in the news. :+1:

3 Likes

Hello,

I hack stuff and strong opinions on disclosure.

4 Likes

Nice to meet you @wireghoul! What kind of opinions are we talking about here?

1 Like

Lets just say that I think disclosure is largely irrelevant and we need to have a secure development and automated patching revolution before we can have meaningful disclosure discussions. I cover this in greater detail in this presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlP23saTGMk

Hi all! My name is Tyler Butler I am a penetration tester and freelance security researcher who is just started branching into responsible disclosure this year.

• What are you working on at the moment? Currently I am researching iOT embedded webservers and am hoping to publish a series of findings on video encoders later this summer after patches issued
  • Where can we find you on social media? I am on twitter @tbutler0x90, github, and blogging on my personal website tbutler.org
  • What type of security research do you love the most? I’m currently having fun with web sockets, xml rpc, and embedded web security
  • What’s the craziest [suitably redacted] vuln you’ve been involved: Stored XSS on a 10 year old printer? Not that crazy
  • Who’s your favourite hacker right now: It has to be Charles Shirer @bsdbandit for the positive vibes!
3 Likes

Hi y’all. I am Abartan (go by the handle haxormad). I’m a professional Penetration tester and a seasonal bugbounty hunter. I also am one of the Ambassador for Bugcrowd since the start of its program. I love application and application security. Before someone does any OSINT on me :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll make it easier, I am from Nepal but currently am in land down under.

Nice to be here!

3 Likes

Hi guys,

I’m from LeakIX.net , I’m here to submit the most critical issues before they go public.

3 Likes

Hey all. Tracking all the vulns over at VulnDB. If I can help let me know!
–Jake

3 Likes

Greetings fellow humans, and everyone else, too.
I’m Jack Daniel, some of you may know me from the Internet. Or possibly a conference or several.
Co-founder, cheerleader, and admin for Security BSides. Community Advocate at Tenable.
I’m not doing research these days, but through BSides and other things I run into frustrated researchers with some regularity, so here to help any way I can.

jack_daniel on Twitter, Security Voices podcast, Shoulders of InfoSec Project, and stuff.

3 Likes

Hello everyone, I’m Abdou and there is no much to say about me I just do fine in most of security stuff !

1 Like

Hi, I’m Eric. I work in InfoSec, managing US partner on a InfoSec company. I also tend to come across unsecured company data. Blackbaud and McaWizard are a couple notable ones, still technically have an open suit with McaWizard.

Figured a good place for me, if I can help in any way let me know.

3 Likes

Hello! I’m Daniel, I’ve been working in/around infosec+privacy for the past 10 years across startups and government. Though I’m a product manager by trade, I’ve dabbled with some security research, appsec, and DFIR. Currently I’m doing a policy fellowship to help (government) make smarter infosec / tech policies more broadly.

Re interests, I’m fairly involved with CVD/VDP & bug bounties across U.S. government, particularly at DoD where I lead the Hack the Pentagon program. I also led infosec on the COVID vaccines from the government side. But I’ve also worked on enterprise & cloud security, ICS/SCADA, IoT, medical devices, and general defensive / SOC workflows. I also lead a non-partisan non-profit that provides infosec training & support to political campaigns, and am/was involved in the first ever case of domestic electronic election meddling in the U.S. (lawsuit still ongoing…).

I’ve also done a bit of PM/UX advising for new infosec tools & products, so if anyone is building cool stuff, let me know!

Cheers,
/db

3 Likes

Hi I’m Aaron. I’m the founder of an early stage startup in the process/workflow automation space (Workflow86) that went through the Cyrise cybersecurity accelerator in Aus. I was introduced to this community by one of our Cyrise mentors. We are currently trying to develop a collection of free best practice process templates for cybersecurity, including one on vulnerability disclosure. Here to learn/absorb, and help out in any way I can :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Welcome @bardenstein! Great to have you on here.

2 Likes

Welcome Aaron. Automation is a great area to work in and skills much appreciated here in this forum as well! :grinning: :+1:t4:

3 Likes

Hello, I’m Oussama. I’m currently a student exploring InfoSec. I tend to find vulnerabilities in my free time.

• What are you working on at the moment?
    I’m currently focusing on vulnerabilities/misconfigurations in CRM systems.

• Where can we find you on social media? Are you blogging or creating content?
    Github: 0Oussama00 (Oussama Kasmi) · GitHub
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/0Oussama00
    LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/oussamaka

I have not yet started blogging but if I do I will post it here: https://oussamaka.blogspot.com

• What type of security research do you love the most?
    Vulnerabilities around API’s

• What’s the craziest [suitably redacted] vuln you’ve been involved with on the sending or receiving side?
    ACCESS DENIED

• Who’s your favourite hacker right now, and why?
    I don’t really have a favourite hacker right now. I like everyone that posts blogs.

2 Likes

Great to meet you @oussamaka!

1 Like